View Single Post

Old 02-19-2020, 10:59 AM

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleted327 View Post
I only have had to use S&W CS once out of over a dozen different guns. My L-Comp came with some small chatter Mark's on the right side of the frame and some finish issues inside the comp and under the cylinder. Three week turnaround and it arrived in beautiful condition. Completely refinished just as I had asked. You can have a bad experience with any company once or twice. But to have one bad experience, that you ultimately received a brand new gun out of, and to say you are swearing off all their products from now on sounds ridiculous IMO.
I did receive my replacement Bodyguard from S&W last week. It was sold off immediately to my FFL dealer, cannot trust a gun that is potentially a problem- note that I am not the only person having issues with the BG 380.

There are plenty of other semi auto striker fired pistols I can purchase, I see no reason to travel down this path again.

The malfunctioning pistol is not the entire concern I have with S&W, it is the way the problem was handled by them. I wish you could share some of the phone conversations I had with S&W reps regarding this issue, along with the lack of communication and needing to submit an FFL FIVE times-FIVE times; heck the US Gov is not this fouled up!

I will state again that I have owned several S&W guns since 1972 and have used there customer service more than a few times. This incident has clearly shown me that they are not headed in the right direction.

I have my 642 for light carry and a sig 365 for regular carry. My 365 has been flawless, yes others have had to return their 365's once or twice for problems; but twice is acceptable for brand new model in my opinion vs. 4 RMA's for gun well out of its infancy.

l will not hesitate, (well maybe a little) to buy a S&W revolver, but sorry no more Smith semi autos for me.
sparx

Last edited by Sparx; 02-19-2020 at 11:01 AM.