View Single Post

Old 02-21-2020, 11:58 AM

Liked 13 Times in 7 Posts

for right now it is my only gun I need sights for. I got the TFX so tritium and fiberoptics optic planet had them for 119.00. I am handy have really done most of my own easy gunsmithing install triggers in ar and my tavor. etc. I have a work bench but as said the vice got appropriated in a move funny how some things disappear by the moving company. I never replaced it. Do not want to spend the money on a good vice. anyway I found a smith about 25 mintues away who has a good reputation and he will do it for $40 while I wait. That is a bit more reasonable. The same guy who wanted 75 to install the sights also wanted 80 to install the trigger only He is a former marine armour and I am sure he is good and has more business then he wants but I think that is a bit to expensive for an easy job. As an aside since I was fooling around with sights I realized my XS big dots on my y XD were 12 years old and a bit dim I inquired and they said send the slide in we will replace them for free. i love it when a company goes the extra mile for customer service. the big dots are a good combat sight essentially you do not need to really align them with the rear sight just put the front dot on and pull the trigger.

Last edited by shotgunda; 02-21-2020 at 12:03 PM.