View Single Post

Old 02-21-2020, 11:27 PM

Liked 9,429 Times in 4,226 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddio202 View Post
Thank you all so far for the compliments and support. I guess I did muddy the water by putting a single sentence in about model 14's. My thought pattern is trying to make the trifecta. I have a model 14 no dash and 2 model 14-3's (6inch and 8 inch)and 1 model 14-7 with the full underlug. The closest gun to match and make a trifecta is the 1959 model 14 no dash but it has the heavy barrel so it really does not match up as far as weight to a 1949 narrow rib K22. I have couple pre war 38's with 6 inch barrel but no rib on them. So I guess it will be back to the drawing board for a pre model 14 narrow rib to make 2 out of 3 for a trifecta. Not much hope for a model 16 so I really should quit thinking in those terms. Lol I can not wait to get it and shoot it, I am sure it will not disappoint.
I got my 1948 vintage K-38 over 30 years ago and my Father talked me into "trading" it to him, which is probably a good thing, because he held onto it until just before his passing at which time he gifted it back to me. About 10 years or so ago I picked up my same vintage K-22 at an auction. Like you, I dreamed of a trifecta, but the best I was able to do was find an offer to get a late ('70s vintage) Model 16 barrel. I got a Model 14-3 and a random Model 17 barrel and had my own K-32 built... not a perfect trifecta, but the three calibers are covered. If I were able to get a '40s vintage narrow rib K-32 without taking a third mortgage on the house, I would, but at least now I don't have the extreme pressure on me to get some sort of K-32.

You know what? I've found that it is possible for me to enjoy any one of them individually though, but I'll bet having that sweet old vintage K-22 will put a new favorite in your herd. I love taking out any one of them to shoot, but of course if I take all three...

Froggie

PS Since you already have the underlug Model 14-7, It would be fairly easy to build a trifecta of an underlug Model 17-6 and the least expensive and most abundant Model 16, the -4. Of course after you've shot the old K-22 and the early Model 14s, these Johnnie-come-latelys may not satisfy you without some fine tuning.

Last edited by Green Frog; 02-21-2020 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Add PS and correct the auto-correct!
The Following User Likes This Post: