Thread: M&P sporter 11
View Single Post

Old 02-22-2020, 12:33 AM

Liked 7,312 Times in 1,635 Posts

You really need to get some education on the AR platform. Do as much research as you can and you will soon realize all of the options that are available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sand hawk View Post
hey guys,

yeah I know what ar stands for, just don't like using media terms, like the idea of MSR, think that's a term we should start using to confuse the libtards

'AR' isn't a term developed by the media. It is the PROPER term when describing that type of rifle/carbine. The term 'MSR' was started by manufactures of the AR's. I'm not sure which company started it. It might have been Mosberg.

just bought it and noticed alittle wiggle in front hand guard, "cheap plastic" figured if I'am gonna change it, why not a free float hand guard? but found a mag well grip, so I guess free floatings not that big a deal now, anybody make a rail where a light can be used on the stock hand guard? yeah was thinking red dot, do any have magnification?

Free floating a barrel is never a bad idea, whether you 'need' it, or, not. It may not help with your particular rifle, but, it can't hurt.

I suspect that your handguards are the stock plastic w/heat shields, held on by the delta ring? There are a few different light mounts that you can get for those, but, the usually attach either on the top (12 0'clock), or, bottom (6 o'clock), and use a particular light configuration (usually tube style). Not too many options for plastic factory handguards/fore ends.

these rifles have pretty heavy barrels on them, don't really know if changing the hand guard to a free floater would make that much difference? using a mag well grip should help with barrel stress?

Nope. None of the carbine barrels are that heavy. what barrel profile do you have? Gov't, Pencil, M4? Either way, a free float handguard will have zero effect on barrel weight. the type/length of the handguard will actually add weight to the front end. The barrel is mounted to the upper pretty solidly. There's not much 'stress' on the barrel regardless which type of fore end you run. As far as a mag well grip goes....meh. If you like it, fine. I personally see no use for one.

I know nothing about red dots, what is not over kill for this rifle?

There's no such thing as 'over-kill'... Get what you can afford. Just about all red dots are 1x. A good choice that won't break the bank would be the Aimpoint PRO. Something from Vortex or Holosun would be good choices as well. Stay away from cheap Chicom junk.

thx for any help guys
S/H

Last edited by Eric300; 02-22-2020 at 12:37 AM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: