View Single Post

Old 02-22-2020, 12:21 PM

Liked 25 Times in 18 Posts

Own a Shield 1.0 original trigger & Hogue hand all for better grip; so after reading this thread decided to test accuracy again from a rest over off hand as most do. First string @ 10' with Federal 124 gr metal case from a rest, point of aim @ 10X, hits 3"+ low and 2" left of center. Second string same ammo @ 20' 4" + low and 3" left of center while both grouping were good. The 115 gr Remington metal case @ 10' from same rest 3" low and 2" left of center then 20' @ rest 3 1/2" left of 10X and 2" left and groupings were good. Then @ 10' Horandy 115 gr Critical Defense @ 10' still low @ 2" and 2" left but better and groupings tighter.
I know most would think the Hornady 115 C.D. right load for this Shield?
Maybe so, I'm shocked it would shoot so low with either loads @ 10'.

Now I don't have a problem with the break and wall of the factory 1.0 trigger as even though it shot low the groups were fine so its not me or the trigger. I've watched You Tube and read Forum comments on the Shield seems all of them are low shooters? So now best solution might be with your help is drop in lower front sight to raise the POI ? If others have been there done that what sights did you choose ????????????

I like the Shield, don't know nor seen discussion of after market barrels or if there are drop in or have to be fitted ????? Then is the additional expense worth it or like I have read on this Forum others now own the Sig P 365.