Thread: Dillon parts
View Single Post

Old 02-26-2020, 07:43 PM

Liked 8,135 Times in 3,678 Posts

I'm from the South , years ago my Mom taught me the fine art of being nice to people , using that "talent" it amazes me of the things I can get for free just by sweet talking a lady on the phone . I'm not sure how to explain it but you first just have to be nice and then tell them I know how hard your job is and it's terrible you have to work on Saturday etc ...get them to feel like you really care about them and thus establish a bond between you and them ...then start slowly getting into what your problem is...how your dad passed away leaving this reloading tool , missing parts how you miss your dad ...crying a little at his memory... I don't know if you can pull it off but I call it turning on the Southern Charm. Can't hurt to practice for the next time .

I watched my Mom turn on her charm and then cry her way out of more than one traffic ticket and talk my Dad into doing anything she wanted him to do ... it's a art that can be used by both ladies and men .

Tip no.2 ..If the first person you talk to doesn't get the response you want...call back at another time , another day and "talk" to someone else . A No Can Do response on Saturday turned into a free replacement on Monday morning with a different rep . !!!
And always Be Nice and turn on the charm .
Gary