View Single Post

Old 02-28-2020, 06:27 PM

Liked 226 Times in 128 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikerdon View Post
I would like to see a poll of owners of the .380 EZ and how many of them have the "magazine" problem or don't have the problem.
I for one don't have any problems as described. And a lot of videos I see the makers don't have the problem either.
Might also be interesting to know how many owners have fired more than two or three boxes of ammo through their 380 EZ handguns.

I agree that there are many that haven't reported having the issue. But reported or not, if you have the issue, it's pretty darned annoying. I've fired 4200 rounds through my EZ and worked with Smith for 7 straight months (January through August 2019) trying to resolve the issue with my EZ. I have/had basically given up, but contacted Smith "again" earlier this month just to see if they had any new ideas. All they offered was "more replacement springs".

One of the other members of this forum actually fabricated a couple of his own followers out of metal months ago to try to solve the problem. These recent scuffing the follower and double-springed magazine approaches are just two more last ditch efforts by frustrated EZ owners that (at least in my opinion) have been abandoned by Smith. YMMV
The Following 2 Users Like Post: