View Single Post

Old 03-04-2020, 10:08 PM

Liked 7,189 Times in 1,614 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednichols View Post
My first recommendation with striker pistols: if they don't have an external manual safety, never carry them in holsters; because even the holster can fire a pistol that has no safety (auto) or the equivalent in a long double action trigger (revolver). It's what holsters do and have done, always, since triggers began to be covered late 20th century.
Huh??? I've been carrying striker fired pistols with no thumb safety (Glock & M&P [+ 1911]) in holsters of different kinds for many years and have never experienced that. The only thing that I can think of is when the knucklehead attempts to holster his/her pistol while their finger is still on the trigger. I have witnessed that happen with my own eyes.

Op, I know you said you wanted a thumb snap (or some kind of equivalent), but I've never had any problems with pancake holsters without them. I got this MESC holster (made in Turkey) for my 1911 Defender. Excellent quality holster. I put them right up there with DeSantis & Safariland. They come in black or brown.

Also carry my Shield and Compact in these..

The pistols hold nice and snug, even while running, jumping, etc.

Carry whatever you're the most comfortable with.

Last edited by Eric300; 03-04-2020 at 10:48 PM.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: