View Single Post

Old 03-09-2020, 04:07 PM

Liked 943 Times in 518 Posts

At the risk of beating a dead horse:
This is supposed to be a premium product, built in the much vaunted Performance Center. The supposed master gunsmiths at the PC considered this a finished product, ready for sale to a very discriminating customer who is willing to pay a premium price for this level of perfection.
S&W manufacturing seems to be completely out of control now. Their revolver designs are the best on the market (IMHO) but the actual product is completely compromised by substandard manufacturing practices. They are outsourcing many of the components without an adequate quality plan, and they are throwing them together and pushing them out the door just as fast as they can.
To be sure, they have had quality issues in the past (I have one in my safe) but not nearly at this level. Getting two misassembled revolvers in a row tells me that it is not a rarity, but a common occurrence.
Very disheartening, especially to collectors who are into the pride-of-ownership mentality. It is hard to have pride in owning a poorly made product.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: