View Single Post

Old 03-09-2020, 05:07 PM
US Veteran

Liked 2,879 Times in 417 Posts
Angry My credit card was compromised...

Last Thursday I got an email from a Juice Bar in California {I live in Tucson} requesting I complete my Door Dash order of $49.54. The order was for several herbal and vegetable products {boy these idiots really don't know me}. Fortunately within ten minutes of their email being received I had seen it and was on the phone to Capitol One.

They immediately froze/closed my card and denied the charge and sent me a new card which I just received. The real PITA was having to contact half a dozen places that were getting auto pays from the card account and wading through their robocalls switchboards and fouled up beyond all recognition websites. After an hour and half on the phone every merchant was notified and provided a new card number {my old back up} so none of the services were interrupted.

These thieves had my complete card number including the 3 digit security code off of the back. The only time that card was ever out of my sight was at a couple of restaurants where often dine and that will NEVER happen again. I'm guessing a crooked employee copied my card info and then just sold it to the highest bidding scum bucket on the dark web...GRRRR! Had I not caught that incoming email right away this might not have ended this well.

Obviously I was to cavalier with my card security and as noted it will never leave my sight again for any reason, no more just adding it to the check and waiting for the waiter to process my bill and return it {Duh!}.

To add insult to injury the next day these bozos then sent another email stating that my old card was declined and asking for my new car number! I have had nothing but good luck over the last few years with the security department at Capitol One. They always text or email me on anything that looks remotely suspicious and wrapped this up in one brief phone call.

Keep tabs on your emails and texts and watch your credit card billings carefully.
The Following 7 Users Like Post: