View Single Post

Old 03-12-2020, 05:42 PM

Liked 1,361 Times in 506 Posts
Default Galco Stow N Go to Lobo Offset for J frame?

My preferred carry is a 642 in a Desantis thumb break scabbard, carried around 2 o'clock. That only works in colder weather, when my normal attire is a sweatshirt. I've got a friend who wears the Desantis OWB year round by wearing shirts that are way too big for him, but I'm not willing to wear tee shirts or polo shirts in warm weather so baggy they hide an OWB gun.

Last summer, when not pocket carrying my BG380, I often carried the 642 AIWB in a Galco Stow N Go suede holster. I really don't like IWB, but I got used to it. I buy jeans that are a couple inches larger than I really need, so there's room for IWB.

In another thread on this forum, I became aware of the Lobo Offset belt clip holster. The design really caught my attention. It seems like it would be a good idea not to have the clip right on top of the cylinder, as on my Galco.

Feedback from anybody who has made the switch from a "conventional" AIWB holster, with the clip over the cylinder, to the Lobo offset, is appreciated. Especially if you carry a J frame. I read enough reviews and threads on here you don't need to convince me of the Lobo quality. I just wonder if there's enough difference in comfort to justify spending the $$$. Don't need another unused holster taking up space in the cabinet.

Thank you.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: