View Single Post

Old 03-12-2020, 09:20 PM

Liked 674 Times in 310 Posts

So, I tried...
I have Appendix/2:00 IWB for decades, usually with a traditional J Frame IWB clip-type holster but also a Don Hume SOOT with leather loops. I tried the offset clip version from another maker that looked nearly the same as the Lobo. The offset did not work for me.

I was surprised, as I assumed it would reduce bulk/diameter. Instead, the balance was off, tipping to left, which forced even an Airweight into my more sensitive bits. Once the tipping started, the lower “right” side then jabbed me in leg a bit above the hip/groin crease. Different belts and occasional adjustments did not help. A different body type might respond differently, but I would take an Uncle Mikes foamy holster over the high quality leather of an offset clip.

That said, offset clip did seem to work on a behind the hip IWB. That is a no-go for me for various reasons, including lack of security, riding in cars, sitting in chairs, limited shoulder movement and generally poor concealment. YMMV on the body shape and all, but that is the offset clip finally felt steady and secure.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: