View Single Post

Old 03-14-2020, 10:40 AM

Liked 5,290 Times in 1,864 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundgun View Post
Anyone else having a hard time finding decent "once-fired" range brass for this caliber.
Typically, I have a hard time finding once-fired 5.56 range brass when I don't use a brass catcher! Then "finding" brass is problematic . . . .

But seriously, I just buy bulk 5.56 for most AR-15 uses and then reload the leftover brass. I don't recall buying once-fired brass and generally don't raid the brass bucket. I also load for accurate bolt guns, but that's a horse of a different apple cart. That application gets Lapua brass and Berger bullets.

Finding once-fired 5.56 brass at the club is hit and miss. It seems more and more shooters are not reloaders, so sometimes the brass bucket is full of 5.56. Other times not; maybe because somebody already snagged it.

IMNHO, some shooters just "don't get" the idea of reloading. At the last Bullseye match we had a new shooter who didn't "get it." Despite the presence of my not-so-great brass catcher and marked brass he busily swept up ALL the brass and dumped it in the brass bucket. Thanks to him for pitching in, but it sure was a pain to sort through the bucket for my (thankfully) marked 45 ACP brass. The good thing is we had a good talk about reloading and he may become a convert!
The Following 2 Users Like Post: