View Single Post

Old 03-14-2020, 11:33 AM

Liked 9,019 Times in 3,193 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrrifleman View Post
OP, the last thing you want to do is add insult to injury. DO NOT use the collet bullet puller to break apart your potential thousand round mistake.

The collet will, 99% of the time, damage your bullet. While it would be much faster, do you really want to toss up to a thousand bullets? Dedicate a day and pull those rounds apart using your kinetic bullet puller.
I've never tried using my collet puller on pistol rounds, just rifle. But, if they are lead bullets I fully agree with this. If they are jacketed, it would depend on whether the collet can get a solid grip on the bullet profile. I know that on jacketed rifle bullets my collet puller does zero damage to the bullet.

With that said, get a good good inertia puller such as the RCBS and get ready for several days of banging apart ammo. I would break it up into several days of processing 100-200 rounds myself to prevent burnout. And buy yourself a quality balance to replace the cheap Lee one you are using. I prefer mechanical over electronic, but I am also an old neanderthal anyways, as far as my loading equipment goes.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: