View Single Post

Old 03-14-2020, 07:19 PM
US Veteran
SWCA Member
Absent Comrade

Liked 9,875 Times in 1,986 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2152hq View Post
Winchester 63 all dolled up. Engraved restocked, checkered, gold inlayed.

Win61 engraved. Right side of recv'r. Steel cut scene

I think (?) this is the same 61,,left side of above. But not sure. Steel cut also..

Savage Model 3B single shot .22 bolt (simple $100 or less 22 rifles gets a going over,,,in progress)

Receiver in progress, Scroll mostly done.
Squirrel sketched into the steel & lightly single point outline cut,,ready for engraving and detail. I leave that for after the scroll and borders are done.

Left side of the recv'r (upsidedown) in engraving vise.
Shows some engraving done and the simple basic pencil line hand sketch I do prior to cutting with the chisel then adding the details.
The 2 parallel slots are for the rear aperture site base.
(The piece of wood is just to be able to hold the recv'r securely in the vise jaws. It has a couple quickly done cut-outs in it for the recv'r to seat squarely. Leather protects to opposite jaw/side)

The completed side (right side up!) from above pic. The aperture base in place with it's engraved adj knob in place.
The base is now also appropriately engraved.

BBl work to finish. The stock got a complete reworking to a more sporter look. Needs checkering yet.
The whole project got started just because the little beat up circa 1938 rifle has a really nice piece of walnut for a stock.
I was just going to refinish the wood, but my plans never seemed to be planned out at all.
Probably worth a $150 when all done !!.
Absolutely gorgeous. I love the 63 and 61 and I'll give you $200 for the savage