Thread: Roper stocks
View Single Post

Old 03-15-2020, 03:02 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 12,779 Times in 1,815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skilled View Post
Sixgun. It occurred to me as king was also selling Roper grips. There could be a possibility that the were just brokering the deal. And the sent the hand drawing to Roper and G&H actually made nothing? Just food for thought.
I'm inclined to think that Gagne made G&H stocks and that the non-ribbon "Ropers" are likely Gagne made G&H stocks. That the Ribbon is diagnostic of "Ropers".

What I'm unclear on is the timeframe that G&H was offering their stocks in. If the G&H stocks were offered after Walter Roper's passing... that could make a great deal of sense.

Now that the Ad you have is posted in this thread what I would like to see is some opinions of the forum members here regarding my two molested sets of non-ribbon Gagne made 'Ropers'. And, more importantly, if anyone might have a set of revolver stocks that looks exactly like the ones in that advertisement. If we had a set that was exact, and we could examine the back, I think we would have a data point supporting this notion.

On another note, was flipping through something in my library and found this to add to the thread: