View Single Post

Old 03-18-2020, 06:39 PM

Liked 1,555 Times in 680 Posts

The Lady and I practice a accuracy drill we learned from watching Ernest Langdon videos.

Draw some 2” round circles on a sheet of paper. I cheat a little and use a pickle lid jar lid to draw around which is a little larger than 2”. I draw four circles on a sheet of paper and post two sheets on the target frame. Then starting at 3 yards try to put two shots inside each circle. No time pressure, no movement, one or two hand grip. Just two shots inside each circle.

So when you can consistently do that back-up a yard or two and repeat the exercise. When you are really proficient step back to seven yards and repeat the drill. Just two shots at each circle. I like to do this drill at 10 yards with my Beretta 92.

This drill is good for shooters of all ages. It is surprisingly difficult and a lot of fun.

I know you say you are a excellent shot. Aren’t we all on the Internet? Be prepared to be humiliated. This is a surprising difficult drill. Those holes in the paper tell no lies. For the record the Shield 9mm is capable of that level of accuracy. The shooter, well, that is what practice is for. As for The Lady and myself we will be humiliated plenty when we resume shooting this Spring.

Last edited by BSA1; 03-18-2020 at 06:52 PM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: