View Single Post

Old 03-19-2020, 02:14 AM

Liked 1,974 Times in 694 Posts
Default I would like to see a picture of that knife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucev View Post
I do not have a desk knife. I consider such a thing about like a letter opener ... an anachronism. I do however have on my desk a tactical package opener. It is a V-42 replica made a few years ago by Boker. It is a very fine tactical package opener. It is also very effective at piercing body parts. I can state plainly that if it should fall out of the sheath while one is moving it from the table to the desk, if it lands point first, it will penetrate completely through your foot and enbed itself in the floor. My wife will tell you that my tactical package opener was not hard to extract and that no bones, ligaments, tendons or nerves were damaged ... very lucky indeed. She cleaned up the cut, bandaged it and then I went to a meeting at church. When I returned home she redressed the wound. Three days later ... I was back to light jogging. Two weeks later, I was back to running. Nice to have a excellent nurse with 23 years of experience to tend to getting stuck with a tactical package opener on a otherwise uneventful Sunday afternoon. Sincerely. bruce.
Always better to get cut by a sharp knife than a dull one.
The Following User Likes This Post: