View Single Post

Old 03-22-2020, 12:34 PM

Liked 15 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphydog View Post
Welcome also! I agree the gun probably started out as a .455 Mark II British contract gun from WW I, with the modifications and engraving added later. The cylinder is the shorter type for .45 ACP but it might chamber a short .45 Colt.

My opinion (which is worth exactly what you paid for it ) is that you should keep it if it has a strong family or sentimental value to you, or if you just like it. If not, and you put it up for sale with the information stated above, I suspect it would sell for more than what your father paid for it. Good luck in your decision.
Right on, and thank you. I don't know anything at all about the .455 Mark 2 British, but on the cylinder part, the .45 long colt chambers and looks to be correct? I put a .45 acp round in it and it is WAY shorter? I personally have never fired this gun. And I don't remember my Dad shooting it either. He probably thought this would definitely increase in value and kept it as an investment. Should I post photos of the cylinder with measurements to be sure?
The Following User Likes This Post: