Thread: THE 12 GAUGE
View Single Post

Old 03-22-2020, 12:56 PM

Liked 246 Times in 92 Posts

I have a question for the obsessed gents who hunt
For game birds and rabbits in the dense brush
What has been your experience .
I've hunted most of my youth..but it was rifle..deer.. fox.. tree rats..
When I was about 12yrs old my mother bake a goose..and it was the most nasty bird I ever ate.
Since that moment I've never had any interest in any bird..other then a moving target..that was our reactive targets as kids..direct hit..poof!! We were rewarded with a shower of plumage ..pretty nest up by today's standards..but then I dont remember birds ever carried virus to kill humans..leads me to believe we were all out side as kids blasting birds and kept there numbers in check..very important job for a youngster.
Haha
Anyway..
I'm lost..oh..so I've read that I dont need anything but a 20ga for my intended purpose..
My buddy say if I buy a .20ga hes going to make fun of me till the day I die unless that 20ga is for the wife.
His thinking..only gun that exists is the .12 ga you buy the 12ga and tune the choke and ammo to its intended use..but under no circumstances am I to purchase a .20 ga with out picking up a dress to go with it..
I dont see the point of throwing a sledgehammer through the woods to kill a bird.do I seek a .12 ga..or is it ok for me to get a .20 ga and not get made fun of.
I was actually looking at the stoegers..looks to be a very nice gun for the money..and there owned by Beretta I believe..
What to do