Thread: ***
View Single Post

Old 03-23-2020, 09:35 AM

Liked 11,390 Times in 3,522 Posts

First, sorry about this latest bad turn.

I have no idea how the cylinder stop window in the frame could have been damaged. Depending how deep it actually is, I don't think this will actually have a negative affect on proper function. I would be concerned about the stress this impact created at the square corners on each side of the window....as the sides of the window, particularly the "sideplate" or right side, are under the most stress during usage. Also, frame material is quite thin at that particular location. This "dished" area is definately not normal. Can you push the stop ball down and take another photo of the stop window? I can't see the back edge of the opening. Thanks.

The mark on the bottom of the barrel lug is also hard to expain. Perhaps a mark from being forced into, or forceably removed from a frame jig or fixture of some kind. Looks like the damage may have been there prior to refinishing. Is there a corresponding mark or spot on the yoke?? If the frame was forceably inserted into a fixture, perhaps this damage is related to the damage in the stop window??

I'm also wondering why the gun was refinished?? Any evidence of test firing at the factory after the repair??

Last edited by armorer951; 03-23-2020 at 08:10 PM.