View Single Post

Old 03-23-2020, 09:57 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 9,440 Times in 2,048 Posts
Default 657-0 4" Barrel.

I got one of these from a fellow S&W Forum/S&WCA member a few months ago. I had a 4" Mountain Gun at one time but I just never had a good feeling about it. I ran into the 657-0 at a show in Louisiana. I loved it. Stamped markings, hammer mounted firing pin, no MIM stuff. Just a good solid magnum. The problem I had was I was out of state, even though I carry copies of my friend's FFL so I can ship stuff like this to him, and....I didn't bring enough money. The 657 was reasonably priced and I'm very surprised it didn't sell at the show. I got the info I needed and bought it the following Monday and had it shipped to my FFL. I was told by the seller, whom I have met before, that the 657 was previously owned by a very famous entertainer. That's cool, and I believe the seller was truthful. I bought the gun not the story behind it. The previous owner is a private type person and I'm not going to mention his name. Not going to mention the sellers name either but he's on this forum some and if he wants to talk about it he can. BOTTOM LINE: the 657 has a AUY serial prefix, indicating a 1987 ship date according to the SCSW. The 4" was discontinued in 1988 so they only made the 4" from 86-88. My question is 1-How many did they make in 4" and 2-What is the approximate value. Just curious, NFS.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: