View Single Post

Old 03-25-2020, 09:02 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 22,574 Times in 5,847 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by italiansport View Post
I regularly use a cane to assist me in walking. I have been wondering if anyone makes a defensive quality example as I have to carry one anyway?
Jim
I have several walking sticks, not canes, while they do support balance their primary purpose is as an accessory to your outfit, much as your pocket watch would be

This picture is bad because it is my umbrella stand in the new house and I have many of the swords in there as well while I figure out what to do with them

One of the sticks is a sword, but it is threaded in to the cane and MUCH too slow to be useful in an emergency. It is easily seen as the one all the way on the left. You can not tell on this image, but the handle's panels are very nicely hand engraved. As a straight walking stick, this one is classy

All the way on the right is the copper Steam Punk style walking stick. It does have good mass for a fight buy it is more trendy then pretty

The one that really works for me is at the back of the bucket. It is an ebony shaft with a few inlays, but the handle is an old Ivory billiard ball. The ball has a flat spot. It is hidden in the back. All you can see is the ball almost between he handles of the two sabers

The ball has very good mass and when swung by holding it at the tip end it can generate substantial head energy