View Single Post

Old 03-26-2020, 10:00 AM

Liked 935 Times in 291 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelslaver View Post
Can't carry a gun on a plane, in a courthouse, a post office etc etc. Just because and old guy is carrying a cane doesn't mean he needs one. A stick helps me climb up stuff and get up from the ground. I bet I can still knock just about anyone on their rear. Most young dip wads just see old guy and cane as a mater of fact the cane probably makes them seem even more helpless.

But, mostly, yes, I carry a gun, a 325 loaded with 6 fat 200gr 45acp hollow points.
If you read the original post, the OP clearly says he uses a cane to assist him in walking. I never questioned a the use of a cane from someone capable of swinging it effectively, so please don't try to use a straw man against me; in layman terms, don't try to debate a point with me that I never made, thanks. I'm glad you are hard and can still hit knock a young man down with a stick, but what does that have to do with the OP having trouble walking and trying select an effective defensive weapon? Absolutely nothing.

I stand by my original post. If you need a cane to walk it's because your lower body is decrepit or injured. That being said it is very difficult to generate much swinging force without using your lower body. It would be prudent if a person that has trouble walking to find a different defensive weapon than the tool they are using to keep them from falling down.