View Single Post

Old 03-26-2020, 04:56 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 3,414 Times in 583 Posts
Unhappy covid-19 and medical services

This happened to me two days ago. I am being treated for AMD, wet type! Which means the vision in my right eye is impaired due to blood vessels bleeding so as to separate the retina and the macula in a way as to cause serious loss of vision. I have been going to the same clinic for about 18 months and I receive an injection directly into my eye. about once a month or at 5 weeks. The advent of the covid-19 pandemic has changed all the rules, you must be screened before entering the clinic, which is OK my me. Medical personnel must be protected at all costs, 32 years with the U.S. Army MEDCOM at Fort Sam taught me that. What happened to me was at the screening, the person that took my temp said I had a fever at 99 degrees plus 2. What???at 101F I was denied access to the clinic and asked to leave. I said I am not sick. I left the area and went home to take my temp, had to unwrap the new thermometer. Temp was 96.4F took my temp with my old thermometer and it was 96.3. I stand to lose the sight in my right eye because someone can not read a simple thermometer!!! I lodged my complaint with the clinic administrator., not with the person that took my temp. Medical personnel are under tremendous stress, but so are the patients and it will probably get worse before it gets better. My point, expect the world to be different, we are at war with a hidden enemy! I did get another appointment in 2 weeks. Pray my eyes hold together.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: