View Single Post

Old 03-27-2020, 10:04 AM

Liked 15 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxdrider View Post
THIS! Dillon's customer service is reputed to be second to none. They'll help you.
Not trying to be negative "fxdrider", but remember back in the day RCBS was like that, "Second to None" dang, I enjoyed those days, but since they sold out, cannot get anything from them. I have several Ohaus 10-10 scales, I have four of them, and I've been a hoarder of them just in case, because you can't get parts, thankfully not much goes wrong with them.

I guess what's scaring me is a Google search for Dillon 550C primer bar jam. Seems like I uncovered the weakness of this machine. I see a bunch of after market ideas designed to fix the issue, and developers saying that after several attempts of dealing with Dillon, that Dillons solution didn't fix their issue. I was leery to have 6 jams in 60 rounds, but really feel I'm dealing with an alignment problem. Primer bar slides out towards me (Front of the machine) but on the upswing of the handle, stops. As I look into the jam area, I can see the slide stopped and can't get under the primer catcher, so as I press down "Again" on the handle, just a little, the primer bar will jump under the catcher, and slide into place. At first, I was thinking a weak return spring, Then thought maybe I'm going to fast thus forcing a timing issue, but in the end I'm thinking alignment issue causing drag on the bar. I'm thinking if this slide gets this dirty in loading 60 rounds, its going to be a long day trying to load 1,000 rounds. I followed the manual instructions, and cleaned the bar with rubbing alcohol, and that helped.... as I punched out another 100 rounds before it jammed again. Of course when the primer slide bar jams, being a responsible reloader, I weight the powder under station 2, then follow up again as I rotate the shell plate with the next round, making sure both are right, because I've taken my eyes off the powder drop. making sure I do due diligence.
The Following User Likes This Post: