Thread: Walther PPK/S
View Single Post

Old 03-29-2020, 04:40 PM

Liked 52 Times in 22 Posts

"Harry Callahan dirty", thanks again for your message.
 And to you "Gene" for your intervention.

"rkttine" congratulations on your new acquisition.
Personally, what I like most about the old productions is that all of their pieces were forged, machined and some key pieces segmented. In addition to the perfect fit of the parts and exquisite blue finish.

Now, they have "MIN" parts, they work very well, and it is the technology that most closely resembles the classic forged and machined results, but they do not match them. I understand that this new German-American version, while having a cast frame (RUGER technology) and MIM parts, does have some key forged and machined parts. Some say it has the best of both worlds, the traditional and the new technologies, and maybe so.

I believe that the Walther PP series are weapons that require a very careful and high-quality manufacturing process, as they are usually German designs, they are complicated as only the Germans can do them well. Incidentally, France did, because it was occupied during the war and had German technology in its plants. and go if you did them well, the Manhurin are excellent. And I think that's why the first stumbles in the Smith & Wesson production.

Now, I understand that the new production of Alcanzas has the knowledge and experience of S&W and is also a shared production with Walther Germany. so perhaps if you have "the best of both worlds"

However, stainless steel gives practicality to the unique model.
 Instead it loses part of its soul: the classic blue finish.

Although I personally love the blue finish, when it is mirror polished and blue reflects, like the old blue finishes from Smith & Wesson or the famous Royal blue finish from Colt's. They are beautiful !
I must recognize that I love to look at them and use them, but it forces me to be aware of them and clean them frequently, this does not happen with stainless steel, as everything in life loses something and gains something.

What happens, however, is that being a piece, so classic, with so much historical heritage, the blue finish is for me, it is essential, but it must be a brilliant mirror-like flue finish as they used to be of high quality and workmanship. work and this is not possible without greater budget in its production.

Now to be opaque blue finish, they preferred a well polished stainless steel.
I hope your kind comments.
Just my 2 cents
Thank you.
The Following User Likes This Post: