View Single Post

Old 03-30-2020, 06:51 PM
US Veteran

Liked 3,800 Times in 475 Posts
Default Traded AK ammo for Pre-War .38 Special M&P today!

There's a pawn shop near me that is going out of business soon, owners retiring. Hasn't been buying or pawning anything for the last month, but he is selling his stock. Went in the other day and it was looking pretty well picked over, not much left but some single shot shotguns, a few plastic pistols, and what was this?

A Pre-War M&P .38 Special with post war grips, priced at $400.....

There was a feeding frenzy going on with people buying up all the ammo the guy had, partial boxes of 30/30 ammo going for $20. So, I went by today with some 7.62 X 39 ammo I had hoped to get $300 for, and wound up walking out with the revolver and $50 bucks in my pocket. Guy was glad to see that ammo, I'm sure he'll make twice selling that ammo than what he was asking for the revolver.

It is a 314,000 serial number range revolver, 5" barrel, blued, I think original finish and locks up like a new one! Took it home and round close to 100 rounds through it, couldn't get enough. Sights dead on, I was slaying 6" steel plates at 15 yards. This old gal still runs!

Anyone have an idea when 314,000 serial number might have been produced?

I will be keeping the post war grips on the revolver for shooting, but if I find a pair of original grips for a reasonable rate I'll pick them up to keep with the gun.

Now to find a nice holster.....
The Following 54 Users Like Post: