View Single Post

Old 03-31-2020, 07:26 PM
US Veteran

Liked 5,708 Times in 1,410 Posts

Hello GeneL;

As far as I know the barrel is original, cut down, very professionally recrowned and a nice ramp front sight added. There are a ton of stampings on both sides of the barrel (see poor quality pics) and numbers, fonts, etc. match the receiver.

The finish is something else, even after sessions in the wet woods and rain, regular clean and oil before putting away and I've never spotted any rust forming whatsoever.

It appears like a bright Parkerizing of some sort. Very durable.

The entire rifle is just the way it came from Sears Roebuck (by train no less) to the small farming town I turned 15 in. Mom had to pick it up and we only had one car which was with pop the day it came in. Also it came in a flimsy pasteboard box which fell apart in the very small Sears catalog counter, so Mom really was "mildly "amused" to say the least.....walking 6 blocks to our house with that rifle slung over her shoulder!

I am always amazed by the members and posters on this Forum. I know it is all about Smith & Wesson, but to so many others that enjoy the same things as I do is just a daily treat.

Keep on enjoying your milsurps...be they original, combat scarred, rebuilt, whacked on...…….they ALL have some story to tell, and I love it when people tell them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 303 British -8.jpg (126.8 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 303 British-9.jpg (112.9 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg Enfield 3.jpg (57.7 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg Enfield 4.jpg (50.8 KB, 19 views)
SWCA#3083, SWHF#570