View Single Post

Old 04-01-2020, 08:41 PM

Liked 26,311 Times in 9,122 Posts

I have a Sig P245 which is a short barreled P220, and uses the same mags.

But my absolute favorite compact 45 is a Para Ordinance LDA 3.25, 6 shot single stack, all stainless. First time I shot it, I kept 17 shots in a 6" group at 45 yards! That was with Original Hydra-Shoks! They accept all 1911 mags, so my reload is a Shooting Star 8 rounder.

I also have a Para Ordinance LDA 4.0, 12 shot double stack, alloy frame. Not quite as accurate as the 3.25, but that could easily be me.

Texas Star mentioned the Star PD. I had two, an early and later. The only difference was the frame above the slide release hole. The early ones all cracked above the hole, so the later ones were made already "sliced" there. The guns were unreal accurate. I fires hundreds of STHP and Hydra-Shoks plus thousands of SWC and RN reloads, without any problems. I had 6 mags total (6 shot) and foolishly got rid of them when I took up 220's in the late 80's. [They and 5 other non 1911/non 220 45's went bye-bye in a 1996 gun swap for a Beretta 390 Golden Clays Shotgun. Dollar wise, I got hosed! But in the long run, 390's have been the best of the true Sporting Clays automatics and I have spent many an afternoon shooting and not getting recoil fatigue, while my brother had a 391, and got pounded! So the trade was long term good! The new A-4's are better than the 391, but still not 390 good!]

I had 3 compact 1911 type Springfield Armory guns and they were only OK. I had to work like crazy to get any accuracy from them! Tons of fitted small parts made them in a loosing position compared to better mad small 1911's!

Ivan