View Single Post

Old 04-17-2020, 04:05 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 1,471 Times in 607 Posts

The SFPD gun went for 1325 plus 25 shipping. I personally valued the gun at 1300-1500 but wanted to stand firm with my low end valuation. My final bid was 1300. Kinda made me sick to let it go. My consolation prize to myself was a very nice 1972 Model 51 kit gun in its original box with original grips today that I found locally at a very nice price

Gun was at 835 for the last day or so of the auction. Thought I was going to get a killer deal on it because there was no action the last day. Little did I know that was the calm before the storm, and there was at least one other person just as interested as me.

At the 15 minute warning, I put in a high bid at 900 to start the final stretch bidding and was instantly outbid by the current high bidder's autobid. It was now at 905. I instantly put in a second high bid at 1000 and was the current high bidder for a very short time, until I was outbid by the eventual winner, who was a new bidder trying to scoop it up at the end just like me. He bid very soon after I became high bidder at 1000 and was then new current high bidder at 1025. We traded bids for a while there.

I bid it all the way to 1300 before I threw in the towel. I would be very interested to know exactly how high his maximum bid was. I thought about one last bid just for kicks, but decided that if I wasn't willing to go to 1400 then it would be silly to go to 1350. After bidding it up 400 and this guy wasn't waivering, I didn't want to overpay so I bailed.

Here's a link:

Smith & Wesson Model 58 - Revolvers at GunBroker.com : 864987874
The Following 3 Users Like Post: