View Single Post

Old 04-18-2020, 08:39 AM

Liked 34,025 Times in 3,681 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan the Butcher View Post
I guess I'll ask the rude question. How much did it cost for the take down conversion and how much for the gun roll? I have a blue Guide Gun I would like to have done, but the last guy I saw was almost $900 plus you supplied the gun. (he called it an Alaska bush plane gun)

Ivan
Ha, I don't know that the question is rude, but it is a question we don't want to bring up in polite company if my wife is around. If I wanted Mrs. Faulkner to know how much I spent I would not have used my hidie hole money I saved up from selling off one of the USGI M1 carbines from my collection, then slipped down in the middle of the week with cash in hand to get my buddy at the bank to write up a cashier's check to send to the gunsmith.

Having the conversion done, for me, had nothing to do with an actual need nor can I justify the cost to convert an off the shelf rifle. I've passed up spending money on many things I wanted through the years because I didn't really need it and couldn't really justify spending the money on it. In this case I just did it. I wanted a short compact .30-30 takedown lever gun that I can hunt with for a few years then later hand down to my grandson who just turned 5. I'm thinking when he's about 16 years old he'll think the rifle is pretty cool and I will have long forgotten how much it cost.

Here's the link to The Arms Room if you want to negotiate something with Lee Hadaway. He did me a great job and was also great to deal with.

Takedown Lever Actions