View Single Post

Old 04-25-2020, 01:15 PM

Liked 476 Times in 279 Posts

Resurgence of revolvers is, IMHO, mainly due to two reasons. An increase in interest in handgun hunting and an increased interest in target shooting, strikly for fun. I think the thrill of going to the range and dumping double stack mag after double stack mag at 7 yards is dying. I think with the increase in interest of reloading, the benefits of not chasing revolver brass, and being able to reload the typically more expensive revolver factory ammo is also a plus. What I see more and more is those younger folks with a new revolver shooting for accuracy at 20-25 yards nowadays. Where 50 rounds lasts a lot longer outta a wheel gun than a bottom feeder. Used to be, if you saw someone in the deer woods with a handgun, it was a rarity and it was as a back-up or secondary weapon. Nowadays is quite common to see someone with blaze orange on, with only a handgun with them. Most generally it's a revolver. There has been so many newer models aimed specifically for hunting medium to large game as compared to the past. There are some things revolvers just do better and folks are coming around to that. While I doubt that revolver sales will ever outnumber pistol sales again, I truly doubt the platform is going anywhere soon.
The Following User Likes This Post: