View Single Post

Old 05-07-2020, 08:49 PM

Liked 6,619 Times in 1,535 Posts

This was my opinion in another thread: I have read and reflected on this thread. My thoughts turned to my Grandfather who served in WWI, he was wounded by machine gun fire, a gas attack and shrapnel from an ordinance attack that caused problems his whole life, but he did live into his eighties and I was blessed to have that time to love him.

I also think of my Father who served in WW2, survived a plane crash during the War and lived not long enough and died in his 70's.

I have wondered if they were alive today would they be angry, sad or terribly disappointed by people actually being infuriated by being asked to wear a piece of cloth over their faces to protect their fellow citizens? I suspect all three.

We are not being asked to climb out of the trenches and go over the barbed wire in virtual suicide attacks in WWl. We are not being asked to storm the beaches of Normandy or liberate Iwo Jima. We are being asked to wear a mask to protect our fellow citizens. In comparison to our parents and grandparents it sure seems a very minor sacrifice to me, one I will gladly make! I am not a veteran but it is my opportunity to save a few of my fellow citizens if I am infected, an opportunity I gladly accept.
John. SWCA #1586
The Following 28 Users Like Post: