View Single Post

Old 05-09-2020, 05:09 PM

Liked 9,289 Times in 3,716 Posts

As a realistic matter, I am never unarmed. Period. I almost never go anywhere if I cannot be armed there. I am horrified when I read of people who could be armed and chose not to be - it is simply not consistent with anything I know or believe. But: it is for the defense of myself, my wife, my dogs. Period.

Is it possible I would get involved in some other situation? Yes, but very unlikely. Unless the facts are really clear to me (like someone assaulting a cop), I'm going to call 911 and stay back. I came close to intervening in a matter involving an officer being resisted while I was walking the dogs a few years ago, and I would done so if I had not been able to ascertain the officer's well-being from a distance.

While is is clear that neither American cops nor private citizens kill nearly as many violent criminals as they could (and thus by definition should), this event is very unlikely to pass the smell test.

Last edited by Doug M.; 05-09-2020 at 05:24 PM. Reason: I can't type or proofread
The Following 2 Users Like Post: