View Single Post

Old 05-12-2020, 04:08 AM

Liked 52 Times in 22 Posts

First of all I want to thank each of who participated in this thread.

My apologies for writing a lot. There was no need for sarcasm.

I have enjoyed each of your opinions coincidences and learned from your discrepancies.

I will put it this way, I have bought all the best that money can buy to defend myself. And it's like a never ending race, something new always comes out that promises wonders.
I wondered if the topic I wrote was the correct attitude and the result, which summoned us in this thread.
Simply put, the S&W 60 works for me.

I am already a veteran, my dear deceased father, always carried a Smith & Wesson 5-bolt model 10 from 1930. Only once did he have to face a shooting and it was enough with a shot from my dad to solve it.

I have a thought, debatable as all thoughts, I prefer to carry different weapons according to the occasion and not a multi-occasion. I know how everything is debatable.

Times have changed I know. Crime, as one forista said, uses Glock and most go from two to three criminals to do their misdeeds.

That is, the way things are, on the street, or we are killed by crime or the Coronavirus.

While all of this is true, I still think that the marksman's ability is more important than the weapon itself, but I accept that everything counts.

As for my recommendation to rotate the magazines and not keep them full for long periods, it is a fact and a common practice in the military routine of weapon maintenance.

I accept that doing it every 15 days is a personal decision and it is surely exaggerated, I usually do it when it comes to security.

Personally, I usually put one less ammunition in the magazine when I am going to leave it loaded for a long time, so as not to demand it. But I repeat it is my decision, it does not have to be yours.

But believe me, if it is plausible with failures, if you leave a magazine loaded for a long period, the springs usually come to an end.

This failure is more frequent in low quality magazines.
Of course, in quality weapons, this failure is minimized a lot, and it may never happen to you. It is also a good practice to ensure reliability of your pistol, follow the recommendation.

Just my 2 cents.
Health
Luck !

Last edited by PERA; 05-12-2020 at 05:42 AM.