View Single Post

Old 05-14-2020, 11:12 PM
US Veteran

Liked 13,165 Times in 4,567 Posts

My first ever grail gun was a fiberglass stocked Springfield Armory M1A - my Army basic training weapon was a fiberglass stocked M-14. Only one in the company - trust me, I took a lot of ribbing for that! I did obtain one in 1990, I think, it sat unfired forever, I finally did shoot it a few years ago, then it sat in my safe. Then the fiberglass stock got messed up with water and fire quenching chemicals in 2018's fire and we restocked it with an official Army wood stock. Now it's for sale because it ain't the same anymore!

A 4" Model 19 was a grail gun after 1997 when the one that I had blew up on me. Bad ammunition. Long story of no importance here. So I replaced it on this Forum a couple of years ago. It survived the fire like all of the other guns but was one of the guns that got messy. Buh-bye!

So, yup, I did have another grail gun and finally obtained that one on this Forum, too. A 4" Model 25-5 in .45 Colt that I really love. It came through the fire unscathed and looks like this:

One other grail gun that I had for many years and resolved that issue only a couple of months ago - one of the raciest, sexiest, best looking guns ever, a SIG Sauer P 230. Yes, it's a .380 and uses old European technology like the magazine release in the butt but, still, so gorgeous.....