View Single Post

Old 05-16-2020, 07:07 PM
Banned

Liked 9,332 Times in 2,759 Posts
Default High-Standard .22 Magnum Derringer

EDIT: Turns out mine was not reliable and I’ve gotten rid of it. Make sure to test for reliability with your carry load and POI if you decide to carry an old HS .22 derringer.

Hey gun buddies!

I just bought a NIB High Standard .22 Magnum Derringer:

This one isn’t mine but this is what they look like. I am going to carry it as a BUG to my J-Frame (or Springfield Hellcat if I buy one soon) in my unused back pocket in a Safariland wallet holster like this:

Oh no! AOW I’m breaking the law felony alert! Not with this design holster, guys. As you can clearly see the gun is not in any way hidden in this one, therefore it doesn’t fall under that definition and is perfectly legal. The wallet holsters that fully conceal the gun minus a hole for the trigger are the ones that are a no-no. This holster is made to carry with the flat leather backing pointing outwards from the pocket to make it seem like a wallet.

Check out this video on YouTube from Lucky Gunner describing this pistol:

Also check out his .22 Magnum ballistics testing video. Seems Speer Gold Dots are a winner in this caliber (Paul Harrell also tested them in his meat target with good results) and I’ve got a few boxes for testing and carry coming:

Seems these guns have quite a following from law enforcement guys as a backup gun (or backup to a backup gun) or for deep concealment. It will in no way be my primary, but I like its attributes and definitely has a cool factor going there. These seem well made and two rounds of reliable .22 magnum at point blank is nothing to sneeze at.

And, I just think they’re nifty and have wanted one for years, and sure beats having nothing if my primary goes under or if I get disarmed (anything is possible) or other reasons. Again, this will NOT be my main carry weapon and will be in my back pocket (which I never use) tucked in its wallet holster ready for use if it ever comes to that.

Thanks gang!

-Jay

Last edited by JayFramer; 05-24-2020 at 01:24 AM.
The Following 9 Users Like Post: