View Single Post

Old 05-16-2020, 07:20 PM

Liked 7,247 Times in 2,471 Posts

If the Walther Forum you speak of is the same one I used to be a regular on, then I can spare him the trouble of visiting to see what the average opinion on the Walther PPK/S is...

"I bought a PPK/S .22 as a trainer a few years ago but it was just such a piece of junk that I won't even sell it because my conscience won't allow me to pass on such garbage to anyone else for any price."

Also...

"I WOULDN'T TAKE ONE IF IT YOU PAID ME! WALTHER HASN'T MADE A PROPER PPK SINCE THE 70'S! JUST CHECK BETWEEN THE SEATS INSIDE YOUR PORCHE AND BUY A VINTAGE PPK!"

Or...

"The PPK/S is a terrible, obsolete design. There are better, modern firearms like the SIG P938 which are better to carry and more fun to shoot."

And my personal favorite...

"The mere fact that you even had to ask this question shows that you are an inferior peasant who doesn't know the difference between a proper Walther PPK and Umarex trash. Fortunately, refined, handsome gentlemen such as myself are here to instruct you on the finer things, although I very much doubt that your feeble mind is capable of comprehending such things. A vintage Walther PPK is refined, handsome, and sophisticated, much like myself. Whereas the current crop which Umarex is attempting to pass off as a PPK is crude, unsightly, and simple, much like yourself."

And no, I'm not exaggerating, I'm merely providing an accurate gist of the sort of responses that I often saw whenever the subject of newer production PPKs was brought up on the Walther Forums during the time that I was a regular there, which was between 2015 and 2017.