View Single Post

Old 05-17-2020, 09:39 AM

Liked 2,087 Times in 731 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISCS Yoda View Post
I totally agree. I have a Walther PPK/S .22 and this is an accurate statement:

The Beretta's with the faux suppressor are just silly. If they come off that's a good thing; then you have a gun to conceal.

However, let me put in a word for the Walther P-22. It's polymer framed which is NOT my thing but it's VERY concealable, well made, reliable, and can have a real suppressor on there, and I gave one to my girlfriend because it's so easy to operate:

And no, she didn't get the suppressor. I kept that for my other Walther P-22. I might not love polymer frames but quality is quality.
Glad yours is a good one. I bought one about 12 or more years ago and it was awful. It was reliable, but not accurate at all. I got it so I could put a suppressor on it but my suppressor's diameter is larger than yours and I couldn't see the sights, so I mounted a red dot and accuracy just wasn't there. It was sold as a S&W Walther P 22 and was without a doubt the worst .22 pistol I've ever owned. It had a barrel extension and shroud which I foolishly bought hoping to improve accuracy (yes, the extension actually screwed onto the barrel) but no luck.

Put me off on S&W Walthers, a bias I haven't been able to shake. Giving credit where it's due, it fed reliably and was light in the hand and wasn't expensive until I started to improve it. IIRC, in the movie "Dinner Rush" one was used up close and personal.