Thread: Emerson/Kershaw
View Single Post

Old 05-17-2020, 06:10 PM

Liked 10,540 Times in 3,921 Posts

When I first saw an article about the Kershaw/Emerson knives, I thought they were pretty cool. When I told my son about it, he thought they were so cool he ordered one for me and one for himself. If I remember right, the model is CQC-6, but I could not say for sure. Kershaw model no. 6034.

The cool feature is the Emerson Wave, a hook on the spine of the blade that catches on the edge of your pocket and opens the knife as you withdraw it. If you are thinking about self-defense, it is faster than an automatic, when it works, which is most of the time. If you fumble the opening, you can fall back on the thunb disc to open the knife.

The novelty lasted a couple of weeks, enough time to practice the move so it is almost 100%. “Almost” looms large, however, in a self-defense scenario. Since a knife is not really useful for self-defense in any event, I rarely carry it.

Quality is typically Kershaw, pretty decent. There is a barely perceptible blade wobble which can be adjusted out with the pivot screw, but only at the cost of slowing the action.