View Single Post

Old 05-17-2020, 10:54 PM

Liked 143 Times in 42 Posts

Denis, the 659 is one of the finest pistols S&W ever produced. I have two of them. Why? I had an FFL (federal firearms license) at the time and I heard that S&W was discontinuing their production. So when the 5906 came out, I grabbed two 659s because I knew I wasn't going to be able to get more.

Many words come to mind re regarding these guns. Fragile isn't one of them. The gun should last longer than you and when the 5906 came out, I picked up one of them, but I still prefer the 659.

The S&W 5906 (top) and 659. Both are
outstanding.

In one of the very first military trials, the Beretta 92 had a malfunction rate of once in every 2,000 rounds. Phenomenal! The next was the S&W 459, with a rate of one malfunction in 950 rounds. But that's in tests with dropping it in mud, etc. And once in 950 is virtually a perfect score. I bought a Beretta 92 back then and sold it because I could get a Taurus PT92, which was just as reliable, though not as accurate. I dumped the Taurus, but bought another (in stainless) just a few years ago and saw a much better accuracy rate.

Taurus PT92 AR

All these guns are going to give you great accuracy and superb reliability. Get whichever one you like best. The 659 is a gorgeous gun and was featured in many movies because of its beauty. Its stainless steel form made it great and I think you'll love it. If you watch the movie SNEAKERS with Robert Redford, you'll see it has a lot of screen time. Also RESERVOIR DOGS.

Buy it...you'll love it. 🖐😎

--

Last edited by Stargater; 05-17-2020 at 11:09 PM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: