View Single Post

Old 05-18-2020, 07:01 PM

Liked 5,054 Times in 1,442 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggibson511960 View Post
A long time ago, S&W compelled their franchise dealers to carry every S&W logo'd accessory under the sun, just to move the stuff, including S&W private labelled ammunition, knives, etc. Display racks were bulging with blister packs full of TT's, TH's and TS's of all description, priced at bargain prices to move, all so the dealer could get his hands on a few M-29's. It's been a long time, but I recall all of those 3T items being about $15.
Yessir! Maybe even $10. I worked behind the counter of an LGS in southwestern CT in 2000 and 2001 during college summers. The shop, still there, was opened around 1960. There were still boxes full of everything you mentioned plus S&W handcuffs, battons, belts...everything. some of it was from the early 70’s. By 2001 there was still at least two full cardboard boxes full of S&W stocks of all kinds, including combats. All prices were $10-$15.....

When prelock gun values starting really popping after I left the blister pack stocks got put on those guns when they came in used with 1980’s pacmyer grips. Wish I had bought them all when I was there.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: