View Single Post

Old 05-18-2020, 08:03 PM

Liked 1,710 Times in 465 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by series guy View Post
I bought my Third Model Perfected at that store. I asked the gun library manager to pull the grips so that I could check for matching numbers. He told me that they didn't do that. I told him there was no way I handing over that kind of money without knowing as it made about a $300 difference in the value of the gun. He pulled the grips and let me come back into his office to look the gun over more thoroughly. So he made the sale.
Lucky he didn't bugger the screw for you while he was at it.

They cut me a deal on an older pistol about a year ago. While killing the hour it seems to take them to do a BG check, I mentioned numerous times that if they planned to tape the original box shut that they could save me my time and money right now. They had no idea---even as I climbed the ladder of command to explain. I watched one guy grab the tape gun and I announced LOUDLY again and told him----NO TAPE. I think he flipped me off with his eyes, then went and got someone further up the ladder. Because it was not taped shut, the guy had to walk me through the registers out to the car, and lay it in the trunk. I was still not certain that any of them understood the reason I didn't want their tape on my box that was worth over $100. I even told the guy walking out carrying my new toy that all they had to do was put the gun in the box and put that box inside a junk box, and they would have been welcome to tape that box shut.