View Single Post

Old 05-19-2020, 08:21 AM

Liked 988 Times in 388 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmj8591 View Post
True enough but you shouldn't be buying either of them as a beginner gun if your goal is to actually learn how to shoot. If you haven't developed some kind proficiency already you're going to have a hard time with any of these cartridges including the 40. If you are just looking for soft loads and don't want to reload, there is the 44 special for the 629, which I would argue is softer than a 40. Just my opinion, but you should have a lot of trigger time with 22's and 38 wadcutters under your belt before you even start looking at either one of these.
I agree with this. Neither of these guns is a great choice for a first revolver, especially for the non-reloader.

A .357 or .38 is a more PRACTICAL choice. .38s will be generally available to the new shooter. The light recoil of the .38 encourages practice. Practice builds proficiency.

But then again, the heart wants what the heart wants.

I just hate to see a new shooter buy that .44, which is a great gun and caliber and get turned off to revolvers due to the recoil.

I just hate to see a new shooter buy that 10mm, which is a fun gun and get turned off due to not being able to find ammo. Moonclips are not for everyone either. They have their pluses and minuses.
The Following User Likes This Post: