View Single Post

Old 05-19-2020, 07:56 PM

Liked 320 Times in 83 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlegvzv View Post
I never understood that revolvers care what type of bullets they shoot.
The question is whether the bullets you use match the specs of the chamber mouths and barrel. Some bullets can be more liberal in their tolerances than others, which can have an affect on accuracy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlegvzv View Post
I've now done three range sessions with *my* new 686SSR Pro Series. This resulted in me abandoning the Dawson FO sight in favor of the original Red Ramp sight that the gun came with. I found that the Dawson sight resulted (for me - YMMV) in inconsistency. I attribute this to the small size of the Dawson FO dot. I think that for the Dawson sight to work well I would need a different rear sight with a narrower notch. The Red-Ramp front sight is easy to place and I can get a ragged bull's-eye hole going with it. The Dawson sight is a fine piece of kit, but it did not work for me with the OEM rear sight on the 686SSR.
Were you shooting for precision or were you action-style shooting? My guns with FO front sights have never been useful for cutting a single ragged hole in paper, but I can get consistent A-zone/Down-0 hits with them a lot faster than I can with the red-ramp or black-post front sights.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: