View Single Post

Old 05-21-2020, 06:13 PM

Liked 718 Times in 162 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman View Post
I purchased this last fall. Look like crafted based on Ruger Security Six but the difference is the model 88 has a side plate while the Ruger fire control group drops out the bottom of the frame.
The gun has a smooth trigger pull and shoots very good. I was going to replace the Traush grips but after shooting it I like them.
The ridge at the top of the back strap keeps my hand in place.

Hey Toyman !

Nice MR88 you have.

In fact, Manurhin used the frame of the Ruger Speed six only on the Manurhin Special Police.
Then, they used their own frame on the MR88 and the Special Police F1.
So the MR88 is a 100% Manurhin build, but many guys don’t make the difference and try to sell a Special Police at the same price than a MR88.

IIRC, the Ruger frame doesn’t have the screw on the right side underneath the cylinder, and the « Made in France * is stamped at this place.
On the Manurhin frame, there is a screw on the right side of the frame underneath the cylinder and the « Made in France * is stamped on the top strap on the left side of the frame.

Here is mine. Not as beautiful as yours.
I purchased Trausch grips as well because the original ones weren’t too big for my hand and also because in .357 mag the recoil smacked my hand too much.

What’s stamped on the top strap on the right side of yours ?

Last edited by Lady Smith; 05-23-2020 at 11:48 AM. Reason: I did little mistakes about revolvers names.
The Following 5 Users Like Post: