View Single Post

Old 05-22-2020, 05:56 AM

Liked 18 Times in 9 Posts
Default Jacked myself AGAIN

Got all exited over a british contract triple lock in 45 AR, didn't do my research before i grabbed it. Saw it at the pawnshop I always get my stuff at, nice and shiny for $700. After blowing it apart and looking it over, I find it has been reblued for some pretty serious corrosion, not a very good job at that. The barrel is hash as well as the cylinders. It is functional with tight lock up and very crisp trigger.

Thought I might get out ok, but NNOOO. Blue book says caliber change drops price by %40. After all is said and done I figure it's about a $200 gun if I'm lucky. Also found out they are not strong enough to shoot full power 45acp and to stick to 45 auto rim.

Did the same thing on a Brazillian 1937 with no finish (painted with cerama coat) again severe corrosion functions great and shoots well but again, worthless.

I have come to the conclusion that I am unable to get my brian to function correctly on old Smiths, therefore, no more buying them. Sorry about the rant but just had to get it out there.
The Following User Likes This Post: