View Single Post

Old 05-22-2020, 08:56 AM

Liked 11,840 Times in 5,382 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpriver View Post
I don't know where the base came from, the head stamp said 223 Remington. no other information. all were shoot from a Rock River M4 carbine. I sold it. I am fill length sizing to use in my Mini 14. As was suggested the may have been range pick up. I all my brass is LC 12 or 13. I still have 1700 round that are unfired from the same lots. I am not a hunter or completive shooter just a plinker, But I want good ammo.
No head stamp info other than caliber? My guess is that it was Chinese manufactured.

Since products from China now incur an import tariff in the U.S., Chinese companies are attempting to avoid tariffs via subterfuge. Some clothing has been discovered to have been made in China, but the tags indicated it was made in Vietnam. The clothing was actually shipped from China to Vietnam, then shipped from Vietnam to the U.S. It would not surprise me to find ammo without a manufacturer head stamp to be an attempt to avoid import tariffs.

There is one other possibility. It might have been spook ammo. It is not uncommon for governments to have ammo produced that bears no manufacturer info, just caliber and possibly a production date. This sort of ammo is generally for clandestine uses.