View Single Post

Old 05-22-2020, 10:37 AM

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 139 View Post
I’ve got a 340 mfg.in 2009, I carry it in a Mika Pocket Holster and it doesn’t print at all and easy to carry.

I carry it as a “get off me gun”....It’s my Backup . The recoil from .38s cause muzzle flip and torquing, .357s are painful. I’m carrying Gold Dot SB..357.

Something to be aware of, back in the Revolver days, Model 19, opening the Cyclinder and switching over to your left hand and using your thumb to eject the spent cases while using your right hand to use a speed loader, speed strip, or if you’re really old, like me, loose rounds from the drop pouch, was good to go....

Not so with the 340....With the 1.7 inch barrel, Ejector Rod length max extension is .685... Fired case length of WW 130 gr. .38 spl. is 1.140, Unfired ammo mics as .375, Diameter, fired cases .380...The Extractor pushes them ALMOST all the way out, but depending on the ammo, You might have to pick out he fired cases by hand... Unfired Rounds fall out by gravity with the weight of the round, so you may not be aware of the short extraction with Unfired rounds.

Stay Safe!
Thanks for the reply. I did notice what you pointed out about the extraction with my last M&P340. Should have kept it but wanted a Sig 365 so I sold it.